
So I used the oatmeal-type paints that I described in my last blog. The one I used was a gold color paint that is supposed to look like pyrite when dry. Interesting to work with. When it first goes on, you cannot see the finished product. It's still white and somewhat gooey. Because of the way I layered the gold on, when it dried, the result was a raised 3-D look on a 2-dimensional space - it really did look like pyrite. What I did was pair it with gold and bronze shiny acrylics that look fabulous on the canvass. I used a palette knife to apply the paint so the result is a very textured look. If you run your fingers over it, you feel it. It has shining accents due to a bit of gold glitter that I mixed in with the paint. I love the warmth of colors. Using mixed media with acrylics has turned out to be a wonderful adventure but more on that next week.
No comments:
Post a Comment