Friday, November 13, 2009

Shopping for paints

Yesterday, I went to Dick Blick to pick out the most fantastically cool paints I've seen so far. I've been thinking about creating a new kind of painting which Sheva inspired me to do - based on the seasons. Since winter is coming, I thought about wintry colors. Back to Dick Blick...There is this great sales woman at the State Street store (Sheva just informed me her name's Annie) who's so knowledgeable, an artist herself, and somewhat of a character. She showed me this fantastic new line of perlescent colors - blue, red, green, any color; all of them have a shimmery, metallic finish to them. You can also find copper, silver and gold. And the BEST part is that they're all water-based. Easy clean-up! Now the challenge is to afford them. Since they're so expensive, I'm making an investment and buying them in installments. I cannot wait to attempt this new kind of painting that I've never done before. I'm so excited!

No comments:

Post a Comment